ALPHABET ANSWERS, EVERYTHING to Know (Now)
EVERYTHING to Know (Now) about Teaching & Learning the Letters of the Alphabet
New readers at any age, learners of English as a second or foreign language, and everyone that studies or works with printed or hand-written English need to know and experience the names of the 26 letters and their order in the English alphabet, to enable her/him to:
- understand oral spelling—and spell names and other words aloud
- write down letters and words from dictation (oral reading or speech)
- look up items in dictionaries or other alphabetized sources quickly
- alphabetize items for personal, educational, real-life, and work purposes
- differentiate between letters and sounds in reading, phonics, and pronunciation
- increase language ability by manipulating letters in activities, games, and puzzles
- use knowledge of how an alphabet works to facilitate language learning in general
Alphabet Answers begins at the beginning. It suggests innovative activities and games requiring little or no preparation, designed to teach the forms, names, and order of the letters in an alphabetic writing system. At many proficiency levels, these 26 ideas A to Z will add variety, motivation, energy, cooperation, and competition to the language classroom, tutoring situation, learning group, and/or individual study. Each section includes reproducible classroom-ready materials and website referrals.
80-Page How-to Resource Book for teaching the alphabet
by Elaine Kirn-Rubin & Arthur E. Rubin
Copy images of sample pages, print, and use.